Products from Bodega Norton
The beginnings of the Bodega Norton winery go back to the year 1895. During the construction of a railway line between Argentina and Chile, the engineer Edmund Palmer Norton discovered the Mendoza region and fell in love with its scenery. He recognised the ideal conditions for grape cultivation that the soil and climate offered and began to plant his vineyards south of the Mendoza River with grapevines imported from France.
The Austrian businessman Gernot Langes-Swarovski also sensed Argentina’s potential for the international wine market and purchased Bodega Norton in 1989. Two years later, his son Michael Halstrick undertook extensive modernisation measures to prepare the winery for international expansion. And in the 1990s, Bodega Norton actually became one of the first Argentinian wineries to market its products worldwide. The business grew quickly, and in order to keep up with increasing demands, Bodega Norton expanded to include the Finca La Colonia in the heart of Agrelo, Lujan de Cuyo. Today the winery covers 1265 hectares, 705 of which are cultivated. Its wines are sold in 60 countries – an unmistakable sign that the wines produced here appeal to the tastes of the international wine community. Cellar master Jorge Riccitelli is responsible for the wines. He was the very first Argentinian to be named Vintner of the Year by the magazine Wine Enthusiast.
More information about Bodega Norton
|Company Name:||Bodega Norton|
|Street:||Ruta 15 km 23,5|
|City:||CP 5509 Perdriel - Luján de Cuyo (Mendoza)|
|Contact & Internet|
|Telephone:||+54 26 14 90 97 51|
|Year of Incorporation:||1895|
|Company Group:||Bodega Norton|
|Company Owner:||Gernot Langes Swarovski|
|Managing Director:||Michael Halstrick|
|Oenologist:||Jorge Riccitelli, David Bonomi|
|Cultivated Vineyards:||La Colonia, Perdriel, Agrelo, Lunlunta, Medrano|