Cascina La Doria
Cascina La Doria is part of the municipality of San Cristoforo, just three kilometres from Gavi. The estate's vineyards are located on the banks of the Lemme stream. The existing ecosystem here is ideal for viticulture.
The Marchesi Doria from Genoa owned estates near Gavi, where the Cortese vine was already cultivated in the 17th century. In 1659, the then Marchese received a letter from an administrator stating:"... only Cortese vines are grown." At that time, 75% of the region's wine production was white wine.
A century later, in 1782, a Marchese Doria instructed his steward to ensure that the Cortese vine would be sent to Rome and even to America with the next ship leaving there,"... because dry wine withstands the sea well."
More information about Cascina La Doria
|Company Name:||CASCINA DORIA SOCIETÀ SEMPLICE AGRICOLA|
|Street:||Via Statale, 22, Loc. San Bovo|
|City:||12054 Cossano Belbo (CN)|
|Contact & Web|
|Telephone:||0039 0141 837287|
|Fax:||0039 0141 837204|
|Company Group:||Fratelli Martini Secondo Luigi Spa|
|Company Owner:||Fratelli Martini Secondo Luigi Spa|
|Cultivated Area:||Piemont, Gavi, Gavi di Gavi|