The Dogajolo Toscano Rosso from Carpineto is the classic among the baby Supertuscans. As with all Super Tuscans, the Chianti Sangiovese grape forms the heart of the Dogajolo Rosso. Cabernet Sauvignon and other grape varieties are also added. The color of Dogajolo Rosso is best described as a bright cherry red. It is medium-dense in the glass and has an elegant aroma of ripe sour cherries, complemented by a hint of pomegranate and redcurrant. Delicate nuances of vanilla and a subtle hint of oak complement this.
On the palate, Dogajolo Toscano Rosso is pleasantly fresh, lively and grippy. Present but well-integrated tannins and fresh fruit acidity give the wine grip and character. An excellent food companion that will not give up the ghost even with rich, fatty food.
Vinification of Dogajolo Toscano Rosso
The grapes are harvested separately by grape variety and vinified separately. They then mature in small, used oak barrels, where the malolactic fermentation also takes place. After bottling in March and April of the following year, this red wine from Tuscany is sold directly, but can also be matured for several years without any problems.
Dining recommendations for the Dogajolo Toscano Rosso from Carpineto
Enjoy this Toscana cuvée with hearty meat dishes, grilled beef and pork or a hearty sausage platter with good farmhouse bread. Of course, Dogajolo Rosso also goes perfectly with pasta dishes with meat or tomato sauces.
Awards for the Carpineto Dogajolo RossoDecanter: 90 points for 2019
- Decanter: 90 points for 2020
- Gilbert and Gaillard: 91 points for 2020
- Decanter: 90 points for 2019
- Wine Enthusiast: Top Find 88 points for 2017
- Wine Spectator: Best Value 89 points for 2017
- Decanter: Top Value 89 points for 2017
- IWC China 2019: Bronze for 2016
- Selection: 3 stars (very good) for 2015
- Wine Enthusiast: 86 points for 2015
- Wine Spectator: 86 points for 2014
- Wine Align: Top Value for 2012
- World Wine Award of Canada: Gold for 2012
- More products from Carpineto