Grand Estates Merlot from Columbia Crest from the wine growing region Washington State - Columbia Valley - is a velvety, opulent red wine cuvée from the grape varieties Merlot (90%), Cabernet Sauvignon (5%) and Cabernet Franc (5%).
In the glass this wine shines in a warm ruby red with purple highlights. The nose is full of sweetly ripened morello cherries, juicy black cherries and dark berries (especially blackberries). This is accompanied by filigree notes of dark chocolate and a hint of cedar wood. On the palate, this American red wine has an opulent, powerful body with velvety soft tannins. The powerful texture is perfectly surrounded by a dark berry fruit fullness. In the finale, this red wine has a long finish and nuances of coffee and chocolate.
Vinification of Columbia Crest Merlot Grand Estates
At optimal ripeness from September, the grapes for this red wine are harvested and immediately brought to the winery. The grapes are ground to 70% and the remaining 30% remain in whole berries. The mash is fermented in stainless steel tanks for 6 to 10 days, separated by grape variety. Once the fermentation process is complete, the grape varieties are married and this wine undergoes biological acid degradation both in stainless steel tanks and in oak barrels. Finally this wine matures for 14 months in oak barrels - one third of which is new wood.
Food recommendation for the Merlot Grand Estates Columbia Crest
This dry red wine from the USA is an excellent companion to roasted duck breast with red cabbage and dumplings, beef ragout with fresh herbs or blue cheese.
|Type of Wine:||Red wine|
|Sub region:||Columbia Valley (US)|
|Occasion & Theme:||family event , Fireplace evening , gift for customers , romantic dinner , Valentine's Day|
|Grape Variety:||Cabernet Franc , Cabernet Sauvignon , Merlot|
|Duration of maturation (in Months):||14|
|Aromas & Palate Notes:||berry fruit , stone fruits , dřevité|
|Mouthfeel/ Texture:||velvety , dense|
|Optimal serving temperature in °C:||15 - 18|
|Style:||New World , classic , fragrant|
|Food Pairing:||dark food , spicy food|
|Glass Recommendation:||Bordeaux Glass|
|Bottle Design & Features:||Bordeaux Style , modern|
|Bottle size in L:||0.75|
|Alcohol % ABV:||13|
|Allergens and ingredients:||Contains Sulphites and Sulphur Dioxide|
|Distributor:||Wein Service Bonn GmbH - DE-ÖKO-005 - Königswinterer Str. 552 - 53227 Bonn - Deutschland|
Perfekt - in jeder Hinsicht
Es gibt keinen Grund, hier etwas anderes als die "10" zu geben. Die Lieferung kam schnell und taggenau. Stand der Sendung war immer transparent. Und das Wichtigste : der Wein ist exakt der, den ich vom ersten Kosten in einem Restaurant in Erinnerung hatte. Danke !Thomas Köllner | 20 Feb 2017