Ready to ship today, delivery time appr. 1-2 workdays
The Ca dei Frati Lugana is the pride and joy of the winery and is made from the indigenous Turbiana (Trebbiano) grape variety.
In the glass, this wine from the Cà dei Frati winery shines in a clear straw yellow with golden highlights. The bouquet is wonderfully multi-faceted - when young, the nose of Ca dei Frati Lugana is pampered by fine notes of white flowers, juicy apricots and almonds. If this Italian white wine is given time, mineral and spicy nuances as well as caramelized aromas are added. On the palate, Ca dei Frati Lugana is wonderfully full-bodied, with a vital and exuberant acidity. The spicy essence is perfectly integrated into the straightforward, mineral and elegant body.
The Ca dei Frati Lugana white wine impresses with its finesse-rich, complex personality and expressive variety of aromas.
Vinification of the Cà dei Frati Lugana
After the grapes have been carefully harvested, they are immediately brought to the Cà dei Frati winery. The must is fermented in stainless steel tanks and left on the fine lees for at least 6 months (sur lie ageing). This wine then matures for a further 2 months in the bottle.
Dining recommendation for the Ca dei Frati Lugana
Enjoy this dry white wine from Italy with lukewarm starters or grilled fish with parsley potatoes.
Awards for the I Frati Lugana from Lake Garda
- Falstaff: 92 points for 2017
- Mundus Vini: Best white wine in Italy for 2017
- Vinum: 17/20 points for 2017
- Wine Enthusiast: 91 points for 2015
Why to buy the i Frati Lugana:
- Easy to enjoy
- Expressive and yet balanced
- Not too extreme on the nose
- Full-bodied without being overweight
- Offers potential for discovery for wine connoisseurs
- Excellent price/enjoyment ratio
- More products from Cà dei Frati