The Korem Isola dei Nuraghi IGT from Argiolas has an intense ruby red color in the glass. The bouquet reveals very appealing aromas of spicy berries, plums, rose petals, herbs, spices and black tea, with light mineral notes in the background. On the palate, the Korem is full-bodied, with a powerful, soft texture, complex, with firm, silky tannins and well-integrated acidity. The juicy finish is dense, tasty and fruity fresh with a long finish.
Vinification of the Korem Isola dei Nuraghi IGT from Argiolas
For this top wine, Argiolas vinifies three autochthonous grape varieties together: Bovale Sardo 85%, Carignano 10% and Cannonau 5%, which grow in the Sa Tanca vineyards near Selegas, in the south of Sardinia. After harvesting, the grapes are macerated for 10 to 12 days and fermented in stainless steel tanks; malolactic fermentation takes place in concrete tanks glazed with glass fiber. The wine then matures for 10 to 12 months in French barrique barrels and a further 6 months in the bottle.
In terms of density, fruit and intensity, it is in no way inferior to its big brother, the Turriga. Thanks to the aromatic Bovale Sardo, the wine is a more elegant counterpart to Turriga. The label is that of an ancient Greek coin found in the vineyards of the Argiolas estate.
James Suckling recommends drinking it from 2019.
Dining recommendations for the Korem Isola dei Nuraghi from Argiolas
An exceptional wine that once again shows the potential of the Sardinian grape varieties. The ideal accompaniment to dishes with red meat, kid, lamb, braised game dishes such as leg of venison, roast venison or wild boar ragout, mature, spicy cheeses. Korem is also perfect for meals that may include antipasti and pasta such as semolina gnocchi with basil and pecorino or ravioli filled with chard and ricotta.
Awards for the Korem Isola dei Nuraghi by Argiolas
- Gambero Rosso: 2 glasses for 2014, 2011, 2010
- Duemilavini Bibenda: 4 grapes for 2014
- Vitae AIS: 3 vines for 2014
- Veronelli: 92 points for 2014, 3 stars for 2011
- Doctor Wine: 91 points for 2014
- James Suckling: 94 points for 2014
- Vinous: 91 points for 2014, 89 points for 2012
- Wine Advocate Robert M.Parker: 90 points for 2014 and 2012; 91 points for 2011
- Wine Spectator: 90 points for 2014
- Wine Enthusiast: 90 points for 2012
- Luca Maroni: 88 points for 2010
- More products from Argiolas