Mainova from Portugal
The still quite young winemaking team Mainova was only launched in 2019 by José Luís Monteiro and his family. After the Monteiros have earned their money with the production of pottery and porcelain goods for many years, they have fulfilled their dream of owning a winery at the end of their long working life. Father and mother have put the responsibility for this in the hands of their youngest daughter Bárbara, which also explains the name of the winery: Mainova stands for "the nestling" in Portuguese. The likeable and committed young woman, who originally earned her money in marketing in Lisbon, which can be seen in the clear design of the labels, takes care of the sustainable care of the now 20 hectares of own vineyards together with a young team. The oenologist António Macanita, who is well known in Portugal and who was awarded winemaker of the year in 2018, is in charge of the winemaking, and Joáo Rocha and Hugo Curto, two winemakers on site in Herdade da Fonte Santa, support him in the daily business. Until now, the wines have been vinified in rented premises, the own winery, which is currently being built, is to be in use for the 2021 harvest.
Olive oil at Mainova
In addition to wine, Mainova also produces two excellent olive oils. Almost 90 hectares of olive trees with the varieties Arbequina, Cobrançosa, Picual, Cordovil and Frantoio are currently owned by the family. Harvesting is mainly done by hand and extraction is done by gentle cold pressing, resulting in extra virgin olive oils with a fruity taste.
Mainova - Organic production
Organic production is very important to you and is based on the following principles:
- Use of the system's own natural resources
- Limitation of the use of external production factors
- Restriction of the use of production factors with chemical additives
- Adaptation of the rules of organic farming to the conditions, if necessary, according to the guidelines of the biological directives
- They have their own sewage treatment plant to purify waste water to irrigate their own olive groves'
- Packaging is made of sustainable materials and never more than necessary
Maiova's grape varieties
- Antão Vaz
- Alicante Bouschet
- Touriga Nacional
More information about Mainova
|Street:||Monte Herdade da Fonte Santa|
|Contact & Web|
|Telephone:||+351 910 732 526|