The Miraflors Rosé of Domaine Lafage from the French wine region Côtes Catalanes in Languedoc is an elegant, light-footed and excellent rosé wine cuvee vinified from the grape varieties Mourvedre, Grenache Gris and Grenache Noir.
In a bright pink color, this wine shines in the glass. Freshness first reaches the nose. Here aromas of strawberries and blackberries appear, supported by a hint of herbal notes. The berry aromas indulge the senses and make you long for summer. On the palate, Miraflors Rosé is juicy, spicy, round and smooth, moreover, also lively, thanks to the flavors of berries and a fresh acidity. The finish of this lovely rosé from the South of France is lively and stimulating.
Vinification of the Lafage Miraflors Rosé
Domaine Lafage's Miraflors Rosé is a lively and soft rosé blend of Mouvèdre, Grenache Gris and Grenache Noir. Grapes are harvested in September from sites near the sea, which are characterized by pebbly soil and a Mediterranean climate. Due to sufficient rainfall, artificial irrigation is unnecessary here.
The grapes are pressed and soon separated from the skins. Fermentation takes place at 16°C, which preserves the fruit aromas. Afterwards, this French rosé matures for a short time in barrels on the fine lees.
Food recommendation for the Miraflors Rosé
Enjoy this lovely southern French rosé as an aperitif, with white fish and berry tartes. But this cuvée is also a delight with Italian classics, such as spaghetti bolognese or pizza.
Awards for the Miraflors Rosé from Lafage
- Robert M. Parker - The Wine Advocate: 90 points for 2020
- Jeb Dunnuck: 91 points for 2020
- Jancis Robinson: 16.5 points for 2020
- Falstaff: 90 points for 2017
- Jeb Dunnuck: 92 points for 2017
- Meininger: Best Rosé Wine of France 2017
- Robert M. Parker - The Wine Advocate: 90-92 points for 2017
- Robert M. Parker - The Wine Advocate: 91 points for 2016
- More products from Domaine Lafage