The Mourvèdre Pays d'Oc from Les Jamelles in the French wine-growing region of Languedoc-Roussillon is an aromatic, varietal and characterful red wine.
In the glass, this wine has a strong ruby red color with cherry red highlights. The complex bouquet caresses the nose with aromas of juicy strawberries, ripe peaches and currants. These are joined by spicy notes of garrigue, such as thyme, lavender, bay leaf and some honey. On the palate, this French red wine has a dense body with a velvety texture. The balanced tannins are very well integrated and accompany into the long, almost sweet finish.
Vinification of Les Jamelles Mourvèdre
Mourvèdre is one of the old, forgotten and unrecognized grape varieties. Therefore, Les Jamelles created the Cepage Rare line to revive these grape varieties. The vines are rooted on the Mediterranean coast near Narbonne on clayey-limestone and slate soils. The vines are about 15 years old and grow on slopes.
After the grapes are harvested, 80% of the grapes undergo a very long maceration of more than 3 weeks. The remaining 20% are subjected to carbonic maceration as whole grapes. Once the fermentation process is complete, a small portion is aged in oak barrels, while the remaining red wine remains in stainless steel tanks.
Food recommendation for the Mourvèdre Les Jamelles
Enjoy this dry red wine from France with steaks in pepper sauce with croquettes, oven-fresh roast game with hearty side dishes or with selected cheeses.
- More products from Les Jamelles