Barbera d'Alba - small town, great reputation
The Italian red wine Barbera d'Alba truly extracts the full temperament and zest for life of the character of Piedmont with every grape. Intense play of colours between ruby red and garnet red, deep grazing taste with hints of blackberry, cherry, strawberry and jam and spicy notes of cinnamon, pepper and vanilla. A Barbera d'Alba will remain in your memory, even if the bottle has already donated the last drop. And even when the fruity bouquet says goodbye to the nose and the voluminous taste to the palate, at least the quite high alcohol content remains in the head. A Barbera d'Alba must have at least 12% vol. to earn DOC status. In the case of Barbera d'Alba Riserva even 12.5 % vol. are prescribed. However, most wines exceed this requirement by far. Barbera d'Alba is a sumptuous wine that makes festivals festive and friends happy.
DOC Barbera d'Alba
The Denomination of Origin, in Italian Denominazione di origine controllata, expects the winegrowers of Piedmont to comply with the following regulations.
The wine must consist of at least 85% Barbera, the remaining 15% may be supplemented by Nebbiolo.
Only the Barbera d'Alba Superiore is legally required to mature for 12 months, of which 4 months must be spent in wooden barrels.
Our VINELLO recommendation
Suculé Barbera d'Alba DOC - Lo Zoccolaio
From the heart of Barbera d'Alba, from the municipalities of Barolo and Monforte, this red wine from the Lo Zoccolaio winery enchants us. Colourful and full of harmony, Suculé Barbera d'Alba is the ideal companion to pasta, beef and pork. With accentuated scents of rose petals and ripe red fruits and finesse-rich integrated tannins, this red wine from Piedmont will bring you into a holiday mood with a long finish and soft taste.
Facts worth knowing about Barbera d'Alba
What is Barbera d'Alba?
Barbera d'Alba is an Italian red wine from the vineyards around the town of Alba in Piedmont. The wine has had DOC status since 1970. Barbera d'Alba is characterized by its often single variety vinification, a fruity bouquet and a long shelf life.
What is Barbera d'Alba suitable for?
The Barbera d'Alba is ideal with pasta, dark meat, roasts, ripe cheese, grilled meats and poultry.
At what temperature do you drink Barbera d'Alba?
The ideal drinking temperature of Barbera d'Alba is 16°C.
How long can Barbera d'Alba be stored?
Barbera d'Alba has a good ageing potential of up to 6 years, with the wine acquiring a garnet red colour and similarity to a Barolo. Store Barbera d'Alba in a dark, cool and temperature-resistant place.
How long does an open bottle of Barbera d'Alba last?
An opened bottle of Barbera d'Alba lasts up to 7 days, depending on the quantity of wine. The fuller the longer. Close the bottle with the cork and put the bottle in the fridge.
Buy Barbera d'Alba cheap online
Order the wonderful Barbera d'Alba wines cheap and uncomplicated on VINELLO. Our selected offer provides you with the variety of Piedmont, which will make a noble companion available for every day and every occasion. The Barbera d'Alba comes directly from Italy to your home via a small detour. Simply order online and expect our climate-neutral and insured delivery. Barbera d'Alba cheap and well packaged - with VINELLO and a liquid greeting from Piedmont.