Reichsgraf von Kesselstatt
The Riesling winery Reichsgraf von Kesselstatt
The first mention of the wine estate Kesselstatt was made in 1349, when the purchase of vineyards by the old noble family of those of Kesselstatt was confirmed in a document. Since then, the slopes of the largest private vineyard in the Mosel-Saar-Ruwer region are under vines. Another striking point in the history of the winery was the renaming of the vineyards by a princely decree of the Wettin Elector Clemens Wenzeslaus from 1787 - henceforth all old vines were to be cleared and equipped with "better vines". This vine is still cultivated on the estate today: the Riesling.
Riesling as far as the eye can see
In 1978 the estate passed into the hands of Günther Reh, and in 1983 his daughter Annegret took over the management of the Reichsgraf von Kesselstatt winery. Thanks to the company's broad base, with 12 hectares of the best vineyards on each of the three rivers, it is possible to produce world-class vineyards that perfectly reflect the terroir of the different vineyards.
More information about Reichsgraf von Kesselstatt
|Company Name:||Weingut Reichsgraf von Kesselstatt|
|Contact & Internet|
|Telephone:||+49 (0) 6500 916 90|
|Fax:||+49 (0) 6500 916 969|