Many faces - one remained
The Weingut Schloss Lieser was built in 1904 and is located right next to the castle built of grey slate (built between 1885 and 1895). The Weingut Schloss Lieser has a long history behind it. It was sold in 1970 and was no longer able to maintain its high quality standards due to repeated changes of ownership.
In 1992 Thomas Haag joined the Weingut Schloss Lieser as operations manager. He reorganized it and finally bought it in 1997 - and he stayed until today.
The Weingut Schloss Lieser is a member of the VDP (Association of German Prädikat Wineries).
The winemaker Thomas Haag
True to his motto "as little as possible, as much as necessary" Thomas Haag cultivates his vineyards in a natural way. With this he wants to meet his responsibility towards the environment. His greatest ambition is to vinify only top quality wines year after year.
The next generations
The history of the Weingut Schloss Lieser will not end with Thomas Haag. For his daughter Lara has already successfully completed her studies in Geisenheim. And his son Niklas has also taken up studies in viticulture after training as a winemaker.
Thomas Haag has managed to pass on the love and passion for wine to the next generation.
Vineyards on the Moselle
With 8.5 hectares of vineyards, the Weingut Schloss Lieser cultivates exceptional individual sites such as:
- Brauneberger Juffer und Juffer Sonnenuhr
- Graacher Himmelreich
- Wehlener Sonnenuhr
- Niederberg Helden
All sites are exclusively planted with Riesling. In addition, consistent quantity reduction and selective manual harvesting is applied.
More information about Schloss Lieser
|Company Name:||Weingut Schloss Lieser|
|Street:||Am Markt 1-5|
|Contact & Web|
|Telephone:||+49 (0)6531 6431|
|Fax:||+49 (0)6531 1068|
|Company Owner:||Thomas & Ute Haag|
|Vineyard Area:||8,5 Hektar|
|Cultivated Vineyards:||u.a. Brauneberger Juffer, Graacher Himmelreich, Wehlener Sonnenuhr, Niederberg Helden|