The S.L.V. Cabernet Sauvignon from Stag's Leap Wine Cellars is an outstanding, excellent red wine from the American wine-growing region Napa Valley. The abbreviation S.L.V. stands for Stag's Leap Vineyards - this is the first vineyard planted by this estate in 1970.
In the glass this wine shines in a rich purple red with a subtle violet shimmer. The multi-layered bouquet is carried by intense aromas of ripe dark fruits - especially blackberry, blackcurrant, blueberry, boysenberry and black cherry. Spicy, vegetarian notes of black tea, cocoa and dark chocolate are added.
The palate is pampered by an opulent, powerful body with a fleshy texture. This American red wine is wonderfully concentrated and carried by perfectly structured tannins. The aromas of the nose harmonize excellently with the pleasant minerality. The finish has an elegant, balanced length.
Vinification of Stag's Leap Cabernet S.L.V.
The Cabernet Sauvignon grapes for this red wine come from the first vineyard of Stag's Leap Wine Cellars. The berries are harvested by hand in September and are already strictly selected in the vineyard.
The grapes are first fermented in stainless steel tanks in the wine cellar and the mash then undergoes complete malolactic fermentation. After the fermentation process is completed, this wine is aged in small French oak barrels for a total of 22 months. Of the wooden barrels used, 95% are new wood and the remaining 5% are from first occupancy.
Food recommendation for the Cabernet Sauvignon Stag's Leap Wine Cellars S.L.V.
This dry red wine from the USA is an excellent accompaniment to tender pork loin in mustard parmesan crust, beef fillet with fresh herb butter on potato celery stomp or also to spicy risotto variations. We recommend that you decant this wine for at least 2 hours before drinking it.
Awards for the S.L.V. Cabernet Stag's Leap Wine Cellars
Robert M. Parker - The Wine Advocate: 93-95 points for 2014
|Type of Wine:||Still Wine|
|Style of Wine:||Red Wine|
|Wine acidity in g/l:||5,4|
|Sub region:||Napa Valley (US)|
|Occasion & Theme:||family event , Fireplace evening , surprise connoisseurs , Christmas , winter wine|
|Location:||Stags Leap District|
|Grape Variety:||Cabernet Sauvignon|
|Awards:||Wine Advocate - Robert M. Parker - 93-95 Points|
|Duration of maturation (in Months):||22|
|Aromas & Palate Notes:||berry fruit , stone fruits , vegetable , spicy , mineral|
|Mouthfeel/ Texture:||gripping , dense|
|Optimal serving temperature in °C:||15 - 18|
|Style:||New World , fragrant , elegant , complex|
|Food Pairing:||dark food , spicy food|
|Glass Recommendation:||Bordeaux Glass|
|Bottle Design & Features:||Bordeaux Style , classic|
|Bottle size in L:||0.75|
|storage capacity in years from the vintage year:||20|
|Alcohol % ABV:||14.5|
|Allergens and ingredients:||Contains Sulphites and Sulphur Dioxide|
|Distributor:||Wein Service Bonn GmbH - DE-ÖKO-005 - Königswinterer Str. 552 - 53227 Bonn - Deutschland|