The Small Hill Red from Leo Hillinger is a balanced, smooth red wine cuvée from the wine-growing region of Burgenland, which combines the grape varieties Merlot (50%), Pinot Noir (25%) and Sankt Laurent (25%).
In the glass this wine shines in a warm ruby red with purple reflections. The nose is pampered by a fragrant aroma of juicy blackberries, sweet ripe currants, fresh cherries and a hint of dark chocolate. With a fleshy, supple texture, this Austrian red wine convinces the palate. The body possesses a lot of juice and a good fruit fullness after black berries. The tannins are very well integrated and accompany the harmonious, long finish.
Vinification of Leo Hillinger Small Hill Red
The optimally ripe grapes are selectively harvested by hand. Once the grapes have arrived in the cellar, they are selected again and fermented in stainless steel tanks. This red wine is matured to 90% in stainless steel tanks - thus the intensive, clear fruit remains - the remaining 10% mature in used barriques - this gives this wine structure and some strength.
Food recommendation for the Small Hill Red Leo Hillinger
Enjoy this dry red wine from Austria with a variety of pasta dishes such as lasagne, cannelloni or spaghetti bolognese. Or serve this wine with beef ragout and risotto with porcini mushrooms.
|Type of Wine:||Red wine|
|Sub region:||Neusiedler See (AT)|
|Occasion & Theme:||balcony/ patio , barbecue , cooking with friends , party , summer-wine|
|Ageing:||stainless steel tank , small barrel|
|Grape Variety:||Merlot , Pinot Noir , Saint Laurent|
|Soil & Location:||loess , black earth|
|Maturation:||stainless steel tank , Barrique 225 L|
|Aromas & Palate Notes:||berry fruit , stone fruits , spicy|
|Optimal serving temperature in °C:||15 - 18|
|Style:||Old World , classic|
|Food Pairing:||dark food , bright, hearty dishes , spicy food|
|Glass Recommendation:||Red Wine Glass|
|Bottle Design & Features:||Bordeaux Style , reduziert , modern|
|Bottle size in L:||0.75|
|Closure:||Stelvin Screw Cap|
|Alcohol % ABV:||13|
|Allergens and ingredients:||Contains Sulphites and Sulphur Dioxide|
|Distributor:||Leo Hillinger GmbH - AT-BIO-301 - Hill 1 - 7093 Jois - Österreich|