Ready to ship today, delivery time appr. 1-2 workdays
The Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Riserva from Carpineto shines ruby red in the glass, revealing delicate garnet reflections. The first nose is dominated by ripe cherry fruit, complemented by other dark fruits such as wild berries and some elderberry. On the other hand, there is fine oak, subtle notes of vanilla, violets and herbal nuances.
On the palate, the Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Riserva from Carpineto is exceptionally spicy, velvety and complex. Balsamic notes, fresh fruit acidity and present tannins characterize this young wine. Already perfectly drinkable now, this Vino Nobile di Montepulciano will definitely benefit from a few years of bottle ageing.
Vinification of the Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Riserva from Carpineto
The grapes (70% Carpineto, 30% Canaiolo and other grape varieties) are pressed and macerated for 10 days. Fermentation then takes place at 25-30°C for 10 to 15 days. The wine then matures partly in large Slavonian oak barrels (5,500 liters) and partly in classic French oak barriques. The Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Riserva from Carpineto is then bottled and matured in the bottle for at least 6 months. Even if this is long enough for a Riserva, Carpineto still adds a whole year of bottle ageing.
Dining recommendations for Carpineto Vino Nobile di Montepulciano
Game dishes, especially wild boar, are recommended with this top Carpineto wine, preferably in combination with braised vegetables. Baked beet slices and mushrooms are the perfect accompaniment.
Awards for the Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Carpineto Riserva
- Bibenda: 4 grapes for 2018
- Decanter: 95 points for 2018 Gold Medal
- Intravino: 92 points for 2018
- Gilbert & Gaillard 2022: 92 points for 2018
- Wine Spectator: 91 points for 2017
- Gilbert & Gaillard 2019: 92 points for 2016
- Guido Oro 2021: 90-93 points for 2016
- Taipei Wine & Spirits Festival Great wines of Taipei 2019: Best Pairing for 2010
- Civilta del Bere: Gold for 2013
- Wine Spectator: 93 points for 2015
- Wine Spectator Top 100 2015: Number 26
- Wine Spectator Top 100 2016: Number 76
- More products from Carpineto