♥ 19 725 wines and counting, just for you! ♥
Personal advice!
Secure packaging!
Reliable Shipping!
Gold
Medal
Berliner Wein
Trophy
Shiraz Estate - Wakefield
Blackberry, Sour cherry, Plum and Vanilla

Shiraz Estate - Wakefield

Vintage

9999
2021
The maximum order quantity has been reached, order quantity was automatically adjusted.
Minimum order quantity was not reached, order quantity will be adjusted automatically.
Die Staffelung ist ungültig und wird automatisch angepasst.
6
12
24
Unit price: 10.98 *
Shiraz Estate - Wakefield
Personal <br />consultation!
Personal
consultation!
Personal <br />consultation!
Secure
packaging!
Personal <br />consultation!
Reliable
shipping!

More information about Shiraz Estate - Wakefield

Wakefield's Shiraz Estate glows dark red in the glass with ruby hues. On the nose, this red wine smells pleasantly of plum, black currant and dark cherry aromas, along with gentle hints of mocha and spicy notes from aging in oak.

On the palate, this South Australian Shiraz is powerful, with notes of plum and blackberry balanced by nuances of mocha and subtle spice notes from oak aging. Full-bodied, this elegant wine is delightful on the tongue with smooth tannins and a balanced, elegant texture that finishes with good length and pleasing fruitiness on the finish.

Vinification of the Shiraz Estate by Wakefield

The grapes for this wine grow in the estate vineyards in Clare Valley, in southern Australia.  After harvest, the grapes were quickly moved to the cellar and destemmed. The first fermentation took place in stainless steel tanks, followed by pneumatic pressing. Then 10% of the grapes were put into French oak barrels for malolactic fermentation and the remaining 90% into American oak barrels. Blending followed, the wine was then aged exclusively in American oak barrels, finally minimally filtered and bottled. The wine is already ready to drink, with good storage it has an aging potential for at least 7 years.

Food recommendation for the Shiraz Estate by Wakefield

Enjoy this fruity and full-bodied Shiraz from Australia with stews, braised, roasted or grilled meats or with pizza and pasta.

Awards of the Shiraz Estate of Wakefield

  • Berlin Wine Trophy: Gold
  • Concours Mondial de Bruxelles: Gold
  • Decanter World Wine Awards: Silver

PROFILE

Gold
Medal
Berliner Wein
Trophy
Product type:
Type of Wine:
Red wine
Wine Color:
Red
Taste:
Occasion and theme:
family event , gift for good friends , barbecue , Fireplace evening , romantic dinner
Wine acidity in g/l:
6,6
Residual sugar (approx.) in g/l:
1,3
Country:
Australia
Cultivation area:
New South Wales (AU)
Sub-region:
Clare Valley (AU)
Grape Variety:
Cuvée:
monovarietal
Maturation:
small barrel
Finishing details:
American Oak , French Oak
Awards:
Berlin Wine Trophy - Gold
Aroma:
Blackberry , Sour cherry , Vanilla , Plum
Mouthfeel/ Texture:
velvety , gripping , dense , substantial
Reverberation / Finish:
long
Style:
classic
Optimal serving temperature in °C:
15 - 18
Food Pairing:
dark food , spicy food
Suitable wine glas:
Bordeaux glass
Bottle size in l:
0.75
Bottle Design & Features:
Bordeaux Style , classic
Closure:
Stelvin Screw Cap
storage capacity in years from the vintage year:
7
Alcohol % ABV:
14
Allergens and ingredients:
Contains Sulphites and Sulphur Dioxide
Distributor:
Mack & Schühle AG - DE-ÖKO-006 - Neue Straße 45 - 73277 Owen Teck - Deutschland
Item.-nr:
70007-AU-RW-SY-978-15.2
UP UP
UP